The Royal Bath & West Show
27 - 30 May 2015
The Royal Bath & West Show is England's Biggest Celebration of Rural Life and England's only 4 day Royal Show. The Show Team are busy preparing for the 2015 Show and promise to bring you a action packed and great day out next May, take a look at the highlights from the 2014 Show. Schedules for competitive classeswill be avaiable Mid February.
Trade stand packs for 2015 are available now please contact Sandie Collishaw on 01749 82220001749 822231
2014 Show Highlights include
• A visit by the Society's President HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
• The British Cheese Awards whose supreme champion was Rosary Garlic & Herb from Rosary Goats Cheese in Salisbury
• The British Cider Competition - a Somerset double with John Hecks' dry cider judged Champion British Farmhouse Cider and Bob Chaplin's Broadpool Cider judged Supreme Champion British Cider.
• Expansion of canoeing on the show ground lake to celebrate National Go Canoeing Week.
• The 50th anniversary of the Golden Shears at the Show with the first winner from 1964, Mr Ian Stewart, returning from New Zealand. The Golden Shears Open Championship was won by Kiwi Rowland Smith the day before he attended the wedding of his brother and fellow sheep shearer Matt.
• Farm Woman of the Year 2014 named as Maureen Trott
• Dilton Marsh CofE Primary School in Wiltshire received the overall prize for the 18th Environmental Youth Award.
• Alburn Youth Council received the Prince of Wales Award.
• £2m worth of machinery on show
• Farming for the family demonstrating where food comes from
• The best Livestock in the country competing in competitive classes
• Wowing the main ring were The Devils Horsemen - one of Europe's leading teams of Horsemasters, Stuntmen and Stunt Co-ordinators which has featured in film and TV productions such as The King's Speech, The Eagle and The Duchess and Squibbfreestyle Motocross Arena Stunt Show featuring breathtaking jumps and stunts mid-air.