Family Fun & Adventure 2013
The Bath and West Show is a great day out for families in Somerset. In fact, we're confident there's so much for families to do that one day just won't be enough!
What's more, most of the attractions and activities are free once you're in, so it really is a great value family day out in Somerset!
We've picked out a few Show highlights below that are guaranteed to keep children happy, but please do explore the other pages in this section to find out more about the show's attractions and activites that are designed specifically for children and families.
Family Friendly Show Highlights
- Take a trip on the Bath & West narrow gauge railway.*
- Imagineering Fair. Children will also be able to explore the creative possibilities of science, engineering and technology.
- Watch milking demonstrations, see piglets, lambs and calves and experience the fun of feeding a chicken and collecting an egg to cook and eat at Farming for the Family.
- Thrill to falconry displays, admire the discipline of gun dogs and cheer on your favourite in the hilarious terrier racing in the Living Countryside Area.
- Our Village School offers a fantastic range of free interactive activities and entertainment for children.
- Experience canoeing and kayaking in our Canoe Village.
- See traditional events on the Village Green, a working forge and an old time fairground with a
merry-go-round* and helter skelter.*
- Of course, children will fall in love with at least one of the thousands of animals at the Show, from alpacas and ponies to chickens and rabbits.
If you have children between the ages of 5 and 14 make sure you join in the Family Trail. It will lead you all around the Show guiding you to a huge range of brilliant areas and ensuring your children don’t miss out on any excitement, plus you can win lots of great prizes!
* Small additional charge applies